Friday, August 14, 2009

In all things praise Him


"In time of trouble, say, 'first, he brought me here. It is by his will that I am in this strait place; in that I will rest.'"
"Next, 'He will keep me here in his love, and give me grace in this trial to behave as his child.'"
"Then say, 'He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me lessons he intends me to learn, working in me the grace he means to bestow."
"And last, say, 'In his good time he can bring me out again. How and when, he knows.'"
"Therefore, say, 'I am here, by God's appointment, in his keeping, under his training, for his time.'" Andrew Murray

My son Bryan started a quote book in high school. I sometimes wish I had kept such a book over the years because certain writers just nail a thought with astounding accuracy. Murray puts difficulties in perspective, summarizing well in the final sentence of the quote above.
Understand, today's not a bad day for me physically. Actually, as my friend Tom Wenger used to say when asked how he was doing, "Better than I deserve," characterizes this sun-drenched morning. It's a clear day on Deep Creek Lake.
Jesus told us that in this world we would have troubles, but we could remain confident that His sovereign will overcomes. May our hearts receive encouragement this morning as we see by faith our God at work in our lives.

1 comment: